Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Friendship over relationship. That's the way I choose to live.

I try not to get myself involved in situations that can easily get me heartbroken. At this age, being in a relationship with someone isn't something I look forward to. I've had my heart broken many times, and it was awful. I know how it feels like, and I don't want that feeling again. At least not for now.


Right now my main focus is my education, and my relationship with Allah. I want to get good grades and become an all-rounder so I can land a job at a successful company, and Insha-Allah become a successful woman as well. I wouldn't mind being friends with the opposite gender (although it's not something I would chase after), but to be in a relationship with someone at this stage of life, it's not a good time. Relationships are something that's really fragile. It can last up till the end of time if both parties are passionately working on it, but once it's really broken, chances are it can't be fixed. And behold, you've just lost a soul who've once meant the whole world to you. 


Maybe I don't need a boyfriend now. But who cares. I get enough moral support from my family and close friends to keep me going. I'm just not the type who'd hook up with someone just for the fun of it.This is something I take as a serious matter. I wouldn't want my future husband to have a wife who's had so many lovers in the past. That's not very nice now, is it? Perhaps, I'm thinking too much too soon. But hey, I care about my future.

I don't know why, but I feel like I should post this, just to keep the reason to myself.